The Wellbeing Support Team collaboratively work along domestic, international and offshore online students to ensure students have healthy, safe, supportive and inclusive learning environments.
You can request wellbeing support through the Learner Services online Support Request Form.
For 24/7 urgent assistance for a student wellbeing concern, call 0800 718 277.
The Wellbeing Support Team supports students to:
- Engage in counselling
- Access health services and book appointments
- Manage stress, anxiousness or worries
- Address pastoral care needs
- Manage deadlines and extensions
- Understand resubmit, reconsideration, special assessment processes
- Manage budgets and finance
- Handle culture shock and homesickness
- Find your way in the Nelson, Tasman, Marlborough regions
We can support students on campuses in Nelson or Marlborough, or by Zoom, Skype, phone or email. We support students in one-to-one or groups sessions as appropriate.
The Wellbeing Support Team can attend orientation events or visit classrooms to promote wellbeing services, strategies, and practices.
We can refer students to Māori Support, Pasifika Support, Equity Support, Learning Support, or SANITI independent support as appropriate.
For further information contact the Wellbeing Support Team.
Phone the library to be put through to someone in our team: 035395068
On the Nelson campus, we’re located in Te Puna Mātauranga / Library Learning Centre (M Block).
On the Marlborough campus, you’ll also find us in the library.