NTPCT works alongside NMIT to ensure that all Pasifika students are well supported and have the best experience as learners.
Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust (NTPCT) is a not-for-profit community organisation that was created by us for us, with a foundation of more than 20 years of volunteer service from many of our Kaumatua / founding community members.
Here are some of the ways we can support our Pasifika students
- Support and guide Pasifika learners in their development of core transferable skills, literacy numeracy, academic writing, and research
- Promote and support learners to access scholarships
- Work alongside Pasifika learners, their tutors, and others to solve issues that arise during their studies
- Where appropriate, provide proactive cultural support and advice to learners or connect them to guidance from Community Kaumatua / Leaders and/or the Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust team
- Provide regular events on campus for Pasifika students
- Attend orientation events or make classroom visits
- Celebrate Pasifika students’ success at graduation
- Provide access to our Community Nurse for students as needed
Hayley is the main contact person on campus however the NTPCT Team will also be involved with events and providing services throughout the year.
On the Nelson campus, we are located in Te Puna Mātauranga / Library Learning Centre. We encourage all Pasifika students to pop in and see us and use our space to study in if the room is free.
You can also request Pasifika support through the Learner Services online Support Request Form.