Skip to main content

What if I am sick? - HOW DO I / International students / Studying - NMIT Support

What if I am sick?

If you are sick and unable to come to classes, you must:

  • make a doctor's appointment or call 0800 718 277 for if you need  urgent assistance  from an NMIT Wellbeing Support Team member.
  • email your tutor email with your student ID number, name and your reason for not attending class. If you are an international student, email as well.
  • visit your doctor/dentist and ask for a medical certificate.
  • email a copy of your medical certificate to your programme area and your tutor . If you are an international student, please email  too.  Immigration New Zealand requires international students to provide evidence of genuine reasons for absences.