Skip to main content

What if I have an accident? - HOW DO I / International students / Living in New Zealand - NMIT Support

What if I have an accident?

If you have a serious accident and need urgent medical attention you must go to the Accident and Emergency department at the nearest hospital or dial 111 and ask for an ambulance.  

If you'd like support from an NMIT Wellbeing Team member, call 0800 718 277 24/7 for urgent assistance.

For non-emergency situations, please visit your doctor or see the list of the District Health Boards to find the nearest after-hours duty doctor service.

Accident Insurance Claims

The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs.

Further information can be found on the ACC website.