Skip to main content

Where can I go to see a Doctor? - HOW DO I / International students / Living in New Zealand - NMIT Support

Where can I go to see a Doctor?


Hauora Health Centre appointments for International Students who have Studentsafe Insurance, are generally free of charges.  Before your first visit, you need to complete a registration form and present your current student card, passport and a copy of your student visa.  Note that costs may be payable for any preexisting conditions not covered by your insurer.  

Book an appointment online, call  03 548 8663 or email .  The centre is located about 5 minutes away from Nelson Campus at 105 Collingwood Street.

If you need urgent medical care or are unwell after business hours, you can visit the Urgent & After Hours Medical Care service.

To find out about other doctors available, visit Nelson Bays Primary Health


Marlborough Primary Health has details of doctors in the Marlborough region, including Marlborough Urgent Care.

Paying for services & insurance

Except for visits to Hauora Health and their arrangement with Collingwood St Pharmacy for prescription costs, you must pay for your consultations and prescriptions.  

Keep the payment receipts for making a claim with Studentsafe or your other insurer.

Note: if you don't attend your appointment, you may be charged a fee.  Please remember to advise the service in advance if you are not intending to attend.

If you need help with insurance claims or help to make an appointment or visit a doctor, please contact the Wellbeing Team at or come and see us in the Library.