The Equity Support Team ensure students with evidence of recognised learning difficulties, medical conditions, injuries, disabilities and or impairments receive support to achieve.
Some of the ways the Equity Support Team can support students are:
- Individual support workers
- Reader/writers for assessments
- Wellbeing support
- Learning support
- Counselling services
- Assistive technology
- Equipment to support specific needs
- Adapted learning materials
- NZ Sign Language interpreters
- Support for Dyslexia
- NMIT Disability car parking
- Evacuation planning
- Collaboration with external agencies, e.g. Workbridge, ACC
For further information contact the Equity Support Team
Phone the library to be put through to someone in our team: 03 539 5068 or request an appointment.
On the Nelson campus, we’re located in Te Puna Mātauranga / Library Learning Centre (M Block).
On the Marlborough campus, you’ll also find us in the library.
Please note: You may need to provide evidence of your condition to receive some types of support.