The Equity Support Team ensures students with learning difficulties, medical conditions, injuries, disabilities and or impairments receive support to achieve.
Some of the ways we can support students are:
- Individual support workers
- Reader/writers for assessments
- Wellbeing support
- Learning support
- Counselling services
- Assistive technology
- Equipment to support specific needs
- Adapted learning materials
- NZ Sign Language interpreters
- Support for Dyslexia
- NMIT Disability car parking
- Evacuation planning
- Collaboration with external agencies, e.g. Workbridge, ACC
On the Nelson campus, we’re located in Te Puna Mātauranga / Library Learning Centre (M Block).
On the Marlborough campus, you’ll also find us in the library.
Please note: You may need to provide evidence of your condition to receive some types of support.