We have agreed to observe and be bound by the The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 (including Amendments 2019) published by the Minister of Education.
The Code of Practice sets standards for education providers to ensure that:
- high professional standards are maintained
- the recruitment of international students is undertaken in an ethical and responsible manner
- information supplied to international students is comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date
- students are provided with information prior to entering into any commitments
- contractual dealings with international students are conducted in an ethical and responsible manner
- the particular needs of international students are recognised
- international students are in safe accommodation
- all providers have fair and equitable internal procedures for the resolution of international student grievances.
The Code of Practice also has a process for students to go through if they wish to make a complaint about the treatment by their education provider.