|Item type||Max no.||Loan period|
|Books, DVDs and journals||15|
21 days + 2 renewals*
3 Day Loan collection
|3-day items||2||3 days + 2 renewals*|
|Books, articles||3 per assignment for students||30 days** + 1 renewal*|
* Note: renewals will not be possible if the item is overdue or has been reserved by another borrower.
** Note: the loan period and renewal acceptance may vary, as this is enabled by the lending library.
- A borrower can have items issued to them except where there are outstanding overdue items on their record, or they have reached the maximum number of issued items.
- Main collection and 3-day loans may be renewed twice if there are no pending reservations on those items.
- 3 Day Loan items can only be renewed if they are no more than one day overdue and as long as there are no current reservations on those items.
- An item is considered lost if it is more than 28 days (or 14 days for Restricted Loan Collection items) overdue.
- Replacement costs, plus a non-refundable administration fee of $15.00 will be charged for every item more than 28 days overdue.
All items can be returned to the Library Helpdesk during opening hours at your nearest NMIT library, or returned 24/7 via the 'Book Returns' slot on the Alton Street side of the Nelson Campus Library building, and in Marlborough, the external returns slot is located at the entrance to the Library.