|Item type||Max no.||Loan period|
|Books, Videos/DVD and Journals||15|
21 days + 1 renewal*
Restricted loan collection
|3-day items||2||3 days + 1 renewal*|
|Books, articles||3||30 days** + 1 renewal*|
* Note: renewals will not be possible if the item is overdue or has been reserved by another borrower.
** Note: the loan period may vary, as this is set by the lending library.
- A borrower can have items issued to them except where there are outstanding overdue items on their record, or they have reached the maximum number of issued items.
- All items may be renewed once, as long as there are no current reservations on those items.
- Items that are overdue by 3 days or less can be renewed as long as there are no current reservations on those items.
- 3 Day Loan items can only be renewed if they are no more than one day overdue and as long as there are no current reservations on those items.
- An item is considered lost if it is more than 28 days (or 14 days for Restricted Loan Collection items) overdue.
- Replacement costs, plus a non-refundable administration fee of $15.00 will be charged for every item more than 28 days overdue.
All items can be returned to the Library Helpdesk during opening hours at your nearest NMIT library.
Books can be returned after-hours in Nelson via the 'Book Returns' slot on the Alton Street side of the Library building, and in Marlborough, the returns slot is located at the entrance to the Library.