If you have not previously studied at NMIT, you will need to provide proof of citizenship in order to finalise your enrolment. To do this we will need to view a verified copy/original of one of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate with a place of birth stated as New Zealand, Cook Island, Tokelau or Niue
- New Zealand or Australian passport
- NMIT's Whakapapa Statement
- Certificate of citizenship or letter of confirmation
- Overseas passport with residency label
- Overseas passport with work visa label/working holiday label
A drivers licence cannot be used as it does not state your citizenship or gender.
You can bring the original documentation to Enrolments Centre or provide a verified copy (a photocopy of your original document - signed as being a true and accurate copy).
Who can legally verify your documents?
- A Justice of the Peace (JP)
- Barrister or Solicitor
- Notary Public
- Court Register
- Deputy Registrar
You can also ask:
- A Member of Parliament
- Land Transport New Zealand
- Public Trust or local authority employee designated for this purpose.
If you are in a remote community and unable to access a person listed in the Oaths and Declaration Act, a member of the New Zealand Police, school principal, minister of religion, or general practitioner is acceptable.