International students can access all the support services provided by the Learner Services team and their collaborative partners.
International students can access support for
- Apartment and Homestay accommodation
- Disabilities, impairments, learning differences
- Employment advice
- Independent Advocacy services
- Learning, including academic writing
- Library services, research and referencing
- Pasifika students
- Wellbeing and health services
- Financing and budgeting
- Resubmit, reconsideration, special assessment processes
- Homesickness and culture shock
- Living in the Nelson, Tasman, or Marlborough regions
We can support students on campuses in Nelson or Marlborough, or by Zoom, Skype, phone or email.
For 24/7 urgent assistance for a student wellbeing concern, call 0800 718277
Call in and see us, on the Nelson campus, we're located in Te Puna Maturanga / Library Learning Centre (M Block).
On the Marlborough campus, you will find us in the Library (A Block).
For further information email the Wellbeing team.
Or phone the Library to be put through to someone in our team: 03 5395068
Emergency (Police, Ambulance or Fire) call 111
Please note: dialling 111 may not work if you have an international SIM card. NMIT recommends that you purchase a New Zealand SIM card when you arrive in New Zealand.