International students can access all the support services provided by the Learner Services team and their collaborative partners.
International students can access support for
- Apartment and Homestay accommodation
- Disabilities, impairments, learning differences
- Employment advice
- Independent Advocacy services
- Learning, including academic writing
- Library services, research and referencing
- Pasifika students
- Wellbeing and health services
- Financing and budgeting
- Resubmit, reconsideration, special assessment processes
- Homesickness and culture shock
- Living in the Nelson, Tasman, or Marlborough regions
We can support students on campuses in Nelson or Marlborough, or by Zoom, Skype, phone or email.
For 24/7 urgent assistance for a student wellbeing concern, call 0800 718277
On the Nelson campus, we're located in Te Puna Maturanga / Library Learning Centre (M Block).
On the Marlborough campus, you will also find us in the Library (A Block)
For further information email the Learning Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone the Library to be put through to someone in our team: 03 5385068
Emergency (Police, Ambulance or Fire)
Police, Ambulance or Fire, phone 111. Please note: dialling 111 may not work if you have an international SIM card. NMIT recommends that you purchase a New Zealand SIM card when you arrive in New Zealand.