Skip to main content

How can I pay for my short course? - HOW DO I / Applying / How to apply / Short courses - NMIT Support

How can I pay for my short course?

Your place on the course is not secured until your payment has been received in full and your identification has been providedPlease pay and provide ID within 3 days. NMIT will email you two reminders.  If you do not supply payment or ID after these reminders (10 days), you will be withdrawn from this course.

Places on short courses will be filled as payment and identification is received, this may result in a course becoming full during the period that you have not paid or provided identification, please accept our apologies if this occurs. We will contact you to offer you a place on an upcoming course or ask if you would like a full refund.

We accept the following payment methods:

Credit card

After you submit your application we will process it and you will receive an email notification to pay online. You can do this in MyNMIT Payments. 

We accept Visa and Mastercard.

All transactions are in New Zealand dollars (NZD), and are done securely through our payment provider Windcave. Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology will appear on all cardholder statements.

Pay by bank transfer

Payment can be made by Direct Credit or Bill Payment Option:

  • Westpac New Zealand Ltd
  • Head Office Branch
  • 03 0826 0168934 003

Please use your Student ID number on all payments.

Pay in person

You can pay in person at either our Nelson or Marlborough campus. Our addresses and directions can be found here.

Can my employer or an organisation pay for me?

You can opt to identify your employer or an organisation (e.g. Working Income New Zealand - WINZ) as paying your short course fees.  Simply select 'Company invoice' on Step 1 of our application form.

You will be required to provide the following details during the application form in order to request payment by invoice;

  • Your organisation name
  • Contact name, telephone number and email address
  • Street address, Town/city and post code

How can Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ) pay for me?

NMIT liaises with WINZ to arrange payment for courses as part of a Training Incentive Allowance (TIA), you can nominate them as an Organisation for payment. You will need to provide the contact details for the appropriate WINZ office and case manager, plus a postal address for invoice.  You will also need to provide the required TIA documentation as provided by WINZ by emailing after application.

The TIA payment may not cover your entire fees and arrangements must be made to pay the remainder prior to the start of your programme.