If you are an International Student and have not previously studied at NMIT (or with another tertiary provider), you will need to provide proof of citizenship in order to finalise your enrolment. To do this we will need to view of one of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate with a place of birth stated as New Zealand, Cook Island, Tokelau or Niue
- New Zealand or Australian passport
- A statement of Whakapapa including date of birth countersigned by a Kaumatua
- Certificate of citizenship or letter of confirmation
- Overseas passport with residency stamp
You can bring the original documentation to Enrolments Centre or provide a certified copy - a photocopy of your original document - signed as being a true and accurate copy.
Who can legally certify your documents?
- A Justice of the Peace (JP)
- Barrister or Solicitor
- Notary Public
- Court Register
- Deputy Registrar
You can also ask:
- A Member of Parliament
- Land Transport New Zealand
- Public Trust or local authority employee designated for this purpose.
If you are in a remote community and unable to access a person listed in the Oaths and Declaration Act, a member of the New Zealand Police, school principal, minister of religion, or general practitioner is acceptable.