Create a great username and password using the tips below.
- Username is your preferred forename hyphen surname (as on your ID card).
- Usernames may have an extra digit on the end if popular or truncated if especially long.
- If your student ID is 5 digits long, add a zero to the end of the ID to form your default password.
- Choose a password that you will remember easily – an unusual personal phrase for instance.
- Passwords must be:
- At least 8 characters long
- Have at least one upper and lower case letter
- At least one number e.g. Just123SD, 123456Ar or MyTime46
- It cannot contain 3 consecutive characters from your username and or contain a blank space.
- Passwords do not expire but you will be sent regular emails to advise when you last changed it.
- Ensure you register your password reset questions as this will enable you to reset your password at any time without the need of contacting the ITCS support.
- You can change your password at any time, either on or off campus.
- Remember, you are responsible for all activities under your computer network account – keep your login details secure and do not share them with anyone.