You’re responsible for all activity under your NMIT username & password so don’t share it with anyone else. Try and do the following:
- Consider using a passphrase rather than a password, e.g. Imgoing2Betterme@NMIT which is more easily remembered and personal to you, and hugely harder to crack by automated password attacks.
- If any emails have links asking you for account details treat them as suspicious first and check them out using the Stop & Think before you Click techniques in other FAQs.
- If you’re concerned someone else may know your NMIT password, change it ASAP
- On any NMIT PC by doing Crtl, Alt, Del and ‘Change a password’
- Off campus via our Password Reset service providing you have setup your Security Questions beforehand.
- Alternatively, contact the IT ServiceDesk on 0800 nmitIT (664848) with your student ID number to hand