Our Information Technology programmes require you to bring your own device/laptop (BYOD) in order to complete your studies.
BYOD specifications for Computing and Information Technology programmes
The following BYOD specifications are required for:
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support
- Diploma in Web Development and Design
The minimum specifications we require are:
- Windows 10 operating system
- Intel i5 or AMD A8 processor
- 8GB of memory
- 500GB+ hard drive
- 1Gbps Ethernet port
- 802.11n wireless
Discrete graphics are not mandatory but are strongly suggested as there are several aspects of the degree which can require considerable graphics power.
Optional items include:
- optical drive (DVD)
- web cam
Can I use an Apple product?
Across our programmes, we use Microsoft Windows based applications. As such we can only sanction Windows based laptops for use on the degree Please be aware however, that you will not be able to login to our network using an Apple laptop.
BYOD is not required for Diploma of Animation or Bachelor of Computer-Generated Imagery students:
However, if students do wish to purchase their own laptop the Specifications are:
The minimum you require is:
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 OC with 6GB GDDR5
- 32GB RAM,
- 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD
- 1TB 7200RPM HDD