|Item type||Max no.||Loan period|
|Books, Videos/DVD and Journals||12||
21 days + 1 renewal*
Restricted loan collection
|3 day items||2||3 days + 1 renewal*|
|1 hour items||1||1 hour (in library) + hourly renewals*|
|Books, articles||5||30 days + 1 renewal*|
* Note: renewals will not be possible if the item is overdue or has been reserved by another borrower.
- A current student ID card must be shown for issuing or renewing all items.
- A borrower cannot have items issued to them if there are any outstanding overdue items on their record.
- All items may only be renewed once, as long as there are no current reservations on those items.
- Items that are overdue by 3 days or less can be renewed as long as there are no current reservations on those items.
- 3 Day Loan items can only be renewed if they are no more than one day overdue and as long as there are no current reservations on those items.
- An item is considered lost if it is more than 6 weeks overdue.
- Replacement costs, plus a non-refundable administration fee of $15.00 will be charged for every item more than 6 weeks overdue.
All items must be returned to the Service Desk during opening hours at your nearest NMIT library. In Nelson you can also use the 'Book Returns' slot on the Alton Street side of the Library building after-hours.