You are not alone. In the beginning, students sometimes struggle to read everything assigned, but with a few reading strategies in place, you'll be up to speed in no time.
The Study Support Team will help you develop more skills so you better understand the text you are reading, such as:
- recognising pivotal words
- understanding your textbook or article structure
- knowing when to speed up and slow down (varying your reading rate)
- assist you in breaking bad habits that get in the way of your reading
- assist you to access technology to enable online materials to be 'read aloud'
Request Study Support via the Learner Services online form .