What are distance services?
The library sends physical items to you by courier if required.
Do I qualify?
You must live 50 km or more from an NMIT campus.
If you live less than 50 km from campus but wish to be considered for this service please contact the library.
Our lending service
If you are unable to find what you need via ebooks or other online resources you may wish to request an item be sent to you.
- You may borrow up to 12 items at once
- Books are issued for 3 weeks (3-day loan items can be issued for 6 days with no renewal)
- We courier material to you overnight and provide a courier bag for return to library
- You may renew items once – by phone, email or by signing into the Library Catalogue
- We will send your requested items within 1-2 working days
Note - you may not borrow
- if you have any overdue items
- material not related to your studies
- resources from the Reference collection. We can copy and send journal articles or book chapters on request.
To make a request follow the instructions below