- NMIT gains information on why the employee is leaving.
- NMIT understands why employees are leaving and to identify any underlying trends.
- NMIT gains information about working for NMIT to identify any areas/issues that could be improved or addressed in order to retain high calibre employees.
- NMIT understands what NMIT is doing well to ensure that these practices continue.
- Comparisons of remuneration/benefits and areas of benefits that could be considered in the future.
- Any improvements that could be made to development opportunities with NMIT.
Also, to comply with best employment practice of employees who either leave or move to another Directorate with NMIT.