You can drive in New Zealand if:
- you have a current and valid overseas licence or driver permit, and
- you haven’t been given a disqualification or suspension in New Zealand, and
- you came into New Zealand less than 12 months ago, and
- your overseas licence is in English, or you have an accurate translation, and
- you haven’t been granted a New Zealand driver licence since you last entered New Zealand.
If you don't meet all of these requirements, you must apply for a New Zealand driver licence to drive in New Zealand.