There are two types of homestays - Full Board homestays and Independent homestays.
Full Board Homestay
Our Full Board Homestay package includes:
- Your own room within the main building.
- The room will include a bed, desk, chair, lamp and storage drawers.
- An electric blanket for the bed may also be provided in colder seasons.
- A heater must be provided.
- Key to the home.
- Monday to Friday: Breakfast and dinner.
- Saturday and Sunday, public holidays and NMIT term holidays: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Wireless internet
- A minimum of 40GB of WIFI per student.
Full Board Homestay Costs
Nelson and Marlborough: NZ$250 (per week).
Auckland: $275 - $350 (per week)
Homestays for Students Under 18 years
If you are under 18 years of age it is a requirement that you stay in approved Homestay accommodation.
Our Under 18 homestay package includes all the features of the Full Board Homestay plus:
- Daily packed lunch during the week
- Telephone (excluding toll calls)
- Laundry optional
Homestays for Students Under 18 Costs
Nelson and Marlborough: NZ$265 (per week).
Auckland: Contact us
It is also possible to arrange a homestay with no meals provided at a lower weekly cost. This is called an Independent Homestay and it includes your own room, heating, electricity, bedding and internet. No food is provided.
Independent Homestay Costs
Nelson and Marlborough: NZ$190 (per week).
Auckland: Contact us
A homestay is usually an arrangement of between 12 to 52 weeks. It may be possible to stay longer but it will be necessary for you to negotiate this directly with the homestay.
Homestay service is available for a 4 weeks minimum stay. If you plan to stay less than 4 weeks, please contact the local commercial accommodation providers by yourself.
Fees to your homestay should be paid two weeks in advance by automatic payment.
You will continue to pay the full price of the homestay if you are away from the homestay for less than five consecutive days. For holidays over 5 days in length, 50 percent of your standard homestay rate is charged.