On your first day at NMIT, we will give you a warm welcome.
We have a scheduled orientation programme organised, so please try to arrive on time so you don't miss out.
Your Offer Document will tell you where you need to go on your first day.
Once you have finalised your enrolment:
- If you are an English language student, you will have an English competency test to evaluate which is the best class for you. If you are a mainstream student, you will go direct to your relevant programme area where you will be met by administration staff.
- Next, the International Cultural Team will accompany you on a campus tour. You will be introduced to staff and get to know where everything is that you need. You will be given information to make sure you feel safe and happy while you study here at NMIT.
- If needed, we can also give you a tour of the area around the campus.
- If you haven’t already set up your bank account, we can help you do this.
- We will help you purchase a SIM card for your mobile phone.
- We will introduce you to people from some key community groups who will help you settle into New Zealand life and who organise fun activities outside of NMIT.
- A NMIT Student Identification Card (SID) will be processed for you. This is useful for many things like loaning books from the library, logging on for computers, photocopying, obtaining discounts on things like cinema tickets and food.
On Arrival Checklist
- Complete your enrolment
- Student ID card
- Bank account
- SIM card (for your mobile phone)
- Know the locations for doctor, police station, supermarket, campus and classrooms
- An introduction to library services and Moodle